One of the most famous places in Russia where Mikhail Lermontov lived
Serednikovo Manor is a park and estate ensemble of the end XVIII— beginning of XIX century in the style of Russian classicism, is one of the most famous Lermontov places. the main part of the mansion complex began to be erected in 1775 during Senator Vsevolod Vsevolozhsky. A manor house with a belvedere, four two-storey wings joined to the main house with colonnades, greenhouses, horse and cattle yards were built. After the death of Vsevolzhsky estate resold several times.
In 1825 the estate was purchased by Dmitry A. Stolypin, the brother of the grandmother of Mikhail Lermontov Arsenyeva. The poet and his grandmother came for summer vacation in 1829-1832, here Lermontov met his first love. Here he wrote seven poems, two dramas and about a hundred poems.
In Soviet times the estate was nationalized. In 1925, in Serednikovo was opened a sanatorium for nervous patients. In the Autumn of 1941 near the manor house passed the turn of defence of Moscow; in the park are still traces of earthworks, the Germans failed to enter into the manor. In 1946, the manor housed a tuberculosis sanatorium "Mtsiry".
At the end of XX century the estate fell into disrepair. In 1992 year the estate was leased for 49 years of the Association "Lermontov heritage", headed by a relative of the poet along the lines of its cousin, also Mikhail Lermontov. There was a partial restoration of the manor complex. Restored interiors, cleared the park. The manor house can only be visited with a guided tour.
Near the central part of the mansion complex is the Church of St. Alexis. It was built in 1693 by the expense of Cherkassky, the owner of these lands.
Today the estate offers:
- extensive excursion program
- organizing and conducting holidays and celebrations
- corporate events
- active play
Nearby is Ghost town Piligrim Porto, which belongs to the estate Serednikovo.
- Open Street Maps